The Ginkgo Pages Forum - Blog

Welcome, this blog belongs to my website The Ginkgo Pages about the tree Ginkgo biloba. Please post your comment/question or mail me. Thank you! - Cor Kwant
Go to search + archive.

follow me on twitter Follow me on Twitter

August 14, 2006

Ginkgo plantation: help wanted

I am interested in the possibiltiy of growing ginkgo for medicinal purposes in South Devon , UK. I am considering a small plantation, possibly 20 - 30 acres.
This is the very first stage of my research, and any information people think may be relevant would be gratefully recieved. In particular I would like information on climate and growing conditions, working practices, possible markets for produce, potential yield and income. Many thanks.
Question by Tim Hayford.

4 Comments:

At 9/21/2006, Anonymous friends for life said...

Tim, I think you have a great idea. Please pursue it. I also would like to know the basics for growing and harvesting ginkgo.

 
At 10/24/2006, Anonymous Jessica Shepherd said...

You stole my idea...! How very odd, as I am from Plymouth and wanted to do the same thing. ?I am sure I have heard of you before. You don't know an Alex Cornish do you?

Let me know.

Ginkgo Girl

 
At 10/24/2006, Blogger Tim Hayford said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10/24/2006, Blogger Tim Hayford said...

Hi Jessica.
Dont think I know Alex, but I'm from Totnes originally, and my folks have lived there for ever.
Havent had too much luck yet finding relevant info, but its early days yet, and there are other unrelated parts of the plan which havent been finalised yet, so I havent spent too much time on it. How far didyou get? Found anything interesting? I'm certain the climate is good for it, I need to know if I can sell it, and who to and for how much.
If you want to mail me direct its Tim.Hayford@blueyonder.co.uk

ps the deleted comment was a test, cos I wasnt sure how this worked.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home