The Ginkgo Pages Forum - Blog

Welcome, this blog belongs to my website The Ginkgo Pages about the tree Ginkgo biloba. - Cor Kwant
Go to search + archive.

follow me on twitter Follow me on Twitter

August 09, 2009

Ginkgo poem by J.W. von Goethe



EloDie CoLin GINKGO BILOBA GOETHE
Geüpload door elodie-colin. -

The famous poem "Gin(k)go biloba" by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe presented by EloDie CoLin in this wonderful video.
On my website I write:
"Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
The German poet, scientist, botanist and philosopher, dedicated this poem to his former lover Marianne von Willemer. The Ginkgo leaf symbolizes Goethe's theme, one and double. The Ginkgo tree that was Goethe's inspiration to write the poem in 1815, grew in Heidelberg, Germany. This poem was published in Goethe's work 'West-östlichen Divan' (book Suleika) of 1819, titled 'Gingo biloba' for literally reasons."

More info on my special webpage about this poem: click here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home