The Ginkgo Pages Forum - Blog

Welcome, this blog belongs to my website The Ginkgo Pages about the tree Ginkgo biloba. - Cor Kwant
Go to search + archive.

follow me on twitter Follow me on Twitter

October 30, 2009

UN Secretary-gen. Ban Ki-moon plants Ginkgo

October 25: To celebrate Seattle’s contributions to protecting the global environment UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon (right, with shovel) participates in the commemorative planting of a Ginkgo tree in Seattle, Washington.
Read more here.

Ban Ki-moon’s said to the World Affairs Council in Seattle on October 26:
"We have led a campaign that’s planted more than 7 billion trees around the world -– including, I might add, a Ginkgo Biloba I was honoured to plant yesterday at the Seattle Center."
Read more here.

UN Photo/Evan Schneider

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home