The Ginkgo Pages Forum - Blog

Welcome, this blog belongs to my website The Ginkgo Pages about the tree Ginkgo biloba. - Cor Kwant
Go to search + archive.

follow me on twitter Follow me on Twitter

October 29, 2010

Ginkgo and Art Nouveau in Nancy, France




Nancy was the centre of the Art Nouveau movement (New Art) in France starting at the end of the 19th century. The leaves and seeds of the Ginkgo were one of the patterns used.
I made this video in 2010 of stained-glass windows painted by Jacques Gruber with Ginkgo leaves and seeds.
Location: Brasserie l'Excelsior Flo,
1910. 3 rue Mazagran.
Historical monument.
Arch. Lucien Weissenburger/Alexandre Mienville.
Furnishing, stucco fern decoration, light: Louis Majorelle.

Much more info and photos on my website The Ginkgo Pages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home